Home of the community-driven Earth Eternal resurrection project.
Explore some of its hidden potential with unlocked developer commands to build your own personal grove with a vast array of prefabricated scenery. Stay tuned for additional modifications or new features.
If you're a veteran player, enjoy the nostalgia. If you're a new player, welcome to our ranks.
To register you must request a registration key. Please read here
Why is it called Planet Forever? The origin of a name.
For detailed documentation of unlocked commands, new features, tutorials, and gameplay mechanics, visit the
Tons of information is provided there.
Having trouble starting the client? Troubleshooting.
Server Update: Mar 25, 2014 (server release 35)
View the Release 35 Upgrade Notes for a comprehensive list of changes and fixes. This update mostly improves stuff behind the scenes. Gameplay changes were minimal.
- Increased drop rate of elite mobs, now similar to named mobs.
- Henges now have a periodic glow effect.
- Changing the environment in a grove now broadcasts to all players.
- Added missing quest heroism rewards for some recently added quests.
- Level difference no longer reduces damage against higher level players in PvP.
- Reinstated proper location bounds checking for grove owners.
- Groves no longer allow props in negative coordinates, which could cause eternal load screens.
Existing props have not been changed, so you may have props stuck out of bounds. You may need to
request admin help to remove them.
- Fixed a bug when lower tier buffs could not be re-casted even if the higher tier buff was
- Changed the effective radius of mobs considered to be active. May reduce moonwalking
- Grove permissions have been changed. If you previously shared a grove, you may need to request
Client/Server Update: Feb 2, 2014 (server release 34, client release 11)
View the Release 34 Upgrade Notes for a comprehensive list of changes and fixes.
- Winter Dawning content is over, and disabled.
- Increased hitpoint limitations (experimental, may cause problems).
- Instance drop rates of blues and epics increased. Now 1:100 and 1:500, was 1:125 and 1:625.
- Base drop rate of legendaries set to 1 in 4000 (still instance only).
- Base drop rate of greens inside Heroic scaled dungeons reduced to 1 in 45 (less clutter).
- Drop rate of Heroic1 and Heroic2 increased from 2x and 3x to 2.1x and 3.2x.
- Drop rate multiplier of named mobs increased from 2x to 6x.
- Added progressive drop rates for instances.
- Added blocking walls to the cliffs in Grimfrost's Lair.
- Disabled some spawn points in Southend Passage to reduce density.
- Relogging into active instances no longer resets the player to the start.
- Added the /instance command for basic instance info. Displays total kills by all players, even for overworld zones. Plus current progressive drop rate bonus.
- Scaled dungeons now use the profile chosen by the party leader.
- Fixed an old exploit that allowed swimming through the air after using Bind.
- The henge screen is more robust against bugs/exploits.
- Added creature size to attack range. Melee players don't need to be as close to certain mobs.
- Changed how loot chests are chosen, armor and weapons always take priority over other stuff.
- Restored appearances for a few Corsica NPCs.
- Three new quests written by Liska: Report to Camelot (Level 19, Southshield), The King's Tunnel (Level 19, Camelot), and Fashionable Needles (Level 46, Bazaart).
- Added three pre-lit candle props for groves. CL-LitCandle1/2/3.
Client/Server Update: Dec 23, 2013 (server release 33, client release 10)
View the Release 33 Upgrade Notes for a comprehensive list of changes and fixes.
- Winter Dawning returns. If level 15 or higher, see Taiga Wolf in Camelot for the free gift.
- Scaled dungeons added. See full notes for details.
- Reduced cost of highest tier resurrect options.
- Drop rate of dungeon tokens increased from 1 in 9 to 1 in 5.
- Heroic or higher mobs now provide a small heroism bonus.
- Heroism can be gained by completing quests of appropriate level.
- Legendary items return, but are now only dropped within dungeons from level 45+ mobs.
- Weapon damage of new legendary items is reduced from 25% improvement over epics to 15%.
- New command: /morestats. See full notes.
- Fixed loot chest appearances to prioritize weapons and armor over crafting plans.
- Chat channel colors can now be customized within the client. See full notes.
- Private channel text is colored turquoise by default.
- The last used private chat channel is now auto-joined on log in.
- Trade chat now works. Uses region permission.
- Fixed a bug where trading could block players from using items.
- Health potion cooldown increased from 2 seconds to 4 seconds for technical reasons.
Client/Server Update: Nov 24, 2013 (server release 32, client release 9)
View the Release 32 Upgrade Notes for a comprehensive list of changes and fixes.
- Added advanced crafting. See full notes for details.
- Added Harvest Fest content.
- Fixed the /itemlinks command.
- Added the /savechat command.
- Character slot limit increased from 5 to 6.
- Fixed an IGF bug where post edits weren't triggering thread autosaves.
- Double clicking Prop Search or Stash entries now updates the build tool asset.
- Added a new contributed PvP arena, The Cavern.
- Fixed a bad script in the Rotted Tree that spawning Hedorah multiple times.
- Added support for the level 30 Protection abilities. Removes one effect per cast.
- Implemented some contributed appearance for Grunes mobs.
- Added wander radius for a few mobs in northern Deadwood.
- Added scenery audit logs for certain zones to assist with potential dev work.
Announcement: Oct 27, 2013
Since October 26, and investigating further today, I became aware of the existence of the following websites:
None of these sites or pages have been created by me, nor have I endorsed their creation. I am not responsible for any statements, content, or implications that may appear on those sites.
Quotes and information on the above sites have been used without permission, and may have been falsified with edits or addendum not written or stated by myself. FreeRun Studios has not been provided any registration keys for distribution.
Neither the Planet Forever name, nor myself (Grethnefar, sole programmer of the unofficial fan server) are affiliated with FreeRun Studios.
This server has always been a hobby for me. I pay money out of my own pocket for the domain and rented server (as cheap and faulty as it may be at times). I have never accepted money or donations for this project, run web advertisements, or monetized my Youtube channel. It was never intended to compete with the original game.
I have never advertised this site outside the Terra Eternus fan forums. Players who found this site either heard from friends, read posts or comments left by other people, or from internet searches.
Server Update: Sep 23, 2013 (server release 31)
View the Release 31 Upgrade Notes for a comprehensive list of changes and fixes.
Here's a brief overview of the more important changes. It is recommended to read the upgrade notes for more details.
- Added refashionable sets as designed and chosen by the community, available from Taiga Wolf in Camelot. See the upgrade notes for screenshots.
- Added new high level quests, contributed by Liska.
- Removed cooldown from healing potions, and reduced purchase cost of higher tiers.
- Added several new potion types, available from vendors.
- Added a new feature: Elite mobs.
- Dexterity, Spirit, and Psyche contribute defensive effects to all characters.
- Added named equipment drops from certain named mobs and bosses in Earthrise.
- Removed weapon plans from Earthrise mobs, since you can't craft there anyway.
- Reduced cost of higher tier crafting molds by about 75%.
- Drop rates of rare crafting materials improved from bosses, and Dire Murk mobs.
- The Summoning Chamber instance is no longer broken.
- All shields now display properly.
- New PvP arena: Redemption, designed by Emerald.
Unexplained Downtime: Aug 16, 2013
The server was offline for almost the entire day today, for unknown reasons, some kind of weird hosting troubles. It's finally back online.
Server Update: July 31, 2013 (server release 30c)
Quick fix to a few quest issues:
- Farmer Sned should now load properly (previously broken stat from the mob patch).
- Fixed location marker for the quest: The Strange Device.
- Alimat is now summoned in stages which can be properly resumed if the summon was interrupted.
Server Update: July 26, 2013 (server release 30b)
A few bug fixes and debug logging to address recent lag spikes.
- Fixed a potential exploit when joining quests.
- Light hits are no longer possible in PvP.
- Mobs will now properly check for new targets based on Hate if their current target is broken.
- Hate generated by players is now removed if they leave the instance.
- Hate is cleared if the mob breaks tether.
- Fixed a bug/exploit that could cause item duplication during trades.
- Added debug logging for packets that are not fully sent in one go.
- Added a slight re-try delay if packets were not sent properly.
Server Update: July 15, 2013 (server release 30)
This marks the one-year anniversary of the server's public launch. It's been quite a year.
View the Release 30 Upgrade Notes for a comprehensive list of changes and fixes.
Here's a brief overview of the more important changes:
- Anniversary event rewards are available in Camelot near the Druid hall (requires level 15 and 25).
- Altered stats of most mobs to match their correct values from EER.
- Sanctuaries are now named, and the bind skill will allow you to see where you last bound.
- Basic PvP added.
- Rogue offhand damage added to skill attacks.
- Druid and Rogue armor multipliers switched back to 3x and 2x, respectively.
- Reduced gold cost on resurrect for the second tier option.
- All players now have 3 rows of default vault space.
- Legendary and Artifact items no longer drop.
- Added rare crafting materials and reduced price of master plans.
- Restored the Quarter Note Quill quest available from Chanticleer in Bremen.
- Drop rates from Heroic, Epic, Legendary increased to reflect their health ratios. Named mobs also receive a bonus.
- Some skill changes. See the full notes for details.
Server Update: May 20, 2013 (server release 29e)
Primarily updated to attempt a fix for a rather problematic bug with HTTP file distribution that recently became an issue.
- Added debug reporting and a potential fix to a bug where HTTP requests were being prematurely closed at random, causing client disconnections.
- Fixed loot lists to allow arbitrary party member counts beyond the 'expected' maximum of 5.
- Fixed level up notifications to broadcast to all nearby players instead of the player who leveled up.
- Party member locations now correctly appear on the world map if outside local range.
- Fixed a bug where henge teleports would not remove a target player from the screen when they teleported.
- Added class abbreviation and level to the /who command.
- The /partylowest command instantly selects the party member with the lowest health ratio. The command can be assigned to a macro hotkey.
Client Update: May 14, 2013 (release 8c)
Small update to finish implementing the account character limit.
- Increased the client character creation limit from 4 to 5.
- Added a command /itemlinks to generate a list of IGF item [link] tags.
Server Update: May 13, 2013 (server release 29d)
Quick update to prepare for some organized parties.
- Increased the account character limit on the server side from 4 to 5.
Server Update: May 11, 2013 (server release 29c)
Fixed two important bugs in the new ability system:
- Triggering a melee autoattack no longer overrides the target list of a pending ability cast (this could allow you to heal or buff enemies instead of yourself).
- Activating two instant casts in rapid succession no longer allows the second ability to use the target list of the first (this could cause you to attack yourself).
Server Update: May 5, 2013 (server release 29b)
Updated a few things after a crash.
- Fixed a crash when using Creature Browse for alternate package types.
- Removed a grove requirement to allow guest builders to use /eats in groves that don't belong to them.
- Fixed a time calculation error for debug pings in 64-bit environments.
Client Update: Apr 30, 2013 (client release 8b)
Fixed a bug with the rez screen. If new players with zero coin died, they would never be able to rez themselves since all options (including the zero cost option), would be grayed out.
Client/Server Update: Apr 29, 2013 (server release 29, client release 8)
View the Release 29 Upgrade Notes for a comprehensive list of changes and fixes.
- Completely new ability system, allowing new features, and easily customized ability entries.
- Revised the old skill set, improving many abilities that were underused or useless.
- Once players reach level 30, they will receive 4 ability points instead of two for all even-numbered levels.
- Players are encouraged to respec to gain additional points if level 30+, or to rebuild their characters to compensate for altered ability point costs.
- Fixed a bug where armor rating debuffs could cause misses.
- Fixed a bug/exploit where percentage-based buffs or debuffs would nullify the mob's stats, rendering them particularly weak.
- The revive options in the death screen have been revised:
- First option: penalize 50% heroism.
- Second option: penalize 10% heroism, costing a moderate coin fee.
- Third option: no heroism penalty, heavy coin fee.
Server migration: Apr 2, 2013
Over the past few months, there have been severe, recurrent spikes of extremely high lag.
The hosting service has migrated the VPS unit.
Client/Server Update: Mar 25, 2013 (server release 28, client release 7)
View the Release 28 Upgrade Notes for a comprehensive list of changes and fixes.
This main theme of this update was to increase server performance and fix bugs.
- Item lookups are faster.
- Greatly reduced memory usage of all instantiated creatures and definitions.
- Revised scenery system, scenery lookups and edits of all kinds should be faster.
- Reduced memory usage by unloading scenery when no longer used.
- Server processing of incoming packets is slightly more efficient, and safer with reduced thread contention.
- Dungeon instances are now private again.
- Taunt skills can now pull ranged mobs closer.
- Drop rate of tokens and crafting materials increased slightly.
- Most overworld wilderness mobs now roam freely instead of standing still.
- Fixed trade screens to only appear when a trade request is accepted.
- Add dual client/server ping tracking for diagnosing lag.
- In-game Forum post character limit increased, posts displayed per page decreased.
Hosting troubles: Mar 20, 2013
According to the hosting service statistics, there was another hiccup around 3:00am PST. No crash, just looks like it reset itself. Since it had restarted itself, the game server wasn't running and I didn't notice until the following day when I was able to check the logs and start it back up.
Here's a link to the memory graph that shows when, and how long the service was down for each period (Pacific Standard Time).
Hosting troubles: Mar 19, 2013
The host's data center suffered a power outage and some hardware complications. Countless websites and services were offline for several hours, including this.
Now that the website is back online, the game server has been rebooted.
There will be a performance update coming soon, in an effort to alleviate some of the lag spikes that have plagued the server over the past few months. Some data lookups will be more efficient, memory use will be reduced, and hopefully greater resilience to odd network issues.
Server Update: Mar 4, 2013 (release 27c)
- Fixed a bug that was preventing players from interacting with certain quest objects.
- Added debug reports for browsing player inventory contents.
Server Update: Mar 3, 2013 (release 27b)
- Fixed quest-giver, shopkeeper, and prop-based NPCs from acquiring targets. This could prevent players from interacting with them.
- Fixed a crash when accessing the administrative debug profiling information (sorry!).
Server Update: Mar 2, 2013 (release 27)
View the Release 27 Upgrade Notes for more fixes and details on changes.
- Fixed mob movement that made it difficult or impossible to outrun them.
- Fixed a tracking issue with mob attacks that could cause them to drop their target.
- -Mobs should now return back to their original position if they kill a player.
- Mobs should now properly honor their wander radius again.
- Fixed a potential crash when unloading NPCs and pets from instances.
- A new command /partyinvite "Character Name" to invite players no matter where they are.
- Four Keystone Sanctuaries, which act like henges. See Upgrade Notes for details.
- Crafting plans now drop from most bosses and named mobs.
- Added missing vendor shops in Added missing vendor shops in Europe, as well as the Camelot master crafting plan shop.
- Rebalanced the effective amount granted on Regenerative items.
- Added or fixed some named mobs (see Upgrade Notes)
- Reduced the spawn rates of many enemy camps with high spawn densities (see Upgrade Notes).
Server Update: Jan 15, 2013 (release 26)
View the Release 26 Upgrade Notes which contains an explanation of Noncombat Status.
The main upgrade notes are:
- Winter Dawning removed.
- Added Noncombat Status on login or zone changes. Players won't be attacked until they take action.
- Autoattacks may be initiated while outside of range.
- Reduced spam of combat error messages.
- Fixed an exploit where 2-handed weapons could still be equipped with offhand items.
- Fixed bonus ability points not being tallied.
- Fixed environment cycling timers.
- Fixed environment notification on login or zone change.
- Fixed abilities that target the party to include the caster (like Exodus).
- Fixed /pose not working correctly.
- Fixed mob movement across path nodes too far part.
- Changing friend status now notifies yourself.
- Fixed the friend list to update correctly when players log out.
- Added maximum aggro distance to Rotted Maze to reduce aggro through walls.
- Fixed some spawns in Down Below.
- Miscellaneous spawnpoint adjustments Earthrise and elsewhere.
- Groves can be assigned player filter lists (experimental).
Client/Server Update: Dec 22, 2012 (server release 25, client release 6)
View the Release 25 Upgrade Notes with more detailed notes on changes, plus notes on new features and how to use them.
Earlier this month I also produced an overworld map, superimposing the minimap tiles over a real map of Europe. Check it out here.
The main upgrade notes are:
- Some Winter Dawning content. Very important: if you are level 15 or above, check out Camelot for a special gift.
- Emote Browser and new emote commands.
- Day/night cycles.
- Camelot market updated to reflect an older style.
- Spawn tiles are no longer reset when leaving the area (affects bosses with long spawn timers).
- Players logging in on slow connections should no longer be kicked to inactivity during the lobby stage.
- Reduced the attack range and movement speed of low level mobs to make them easier for new players to fight or escape from.
- Fixed the randomizer tables for weapons to prevent zero damage.
- Fatal Crescent no longer gives charges for every mob hit.
Client Update: Nov 25, 2012 (release 5)
Primarily updated to make chat sounds optional (a mistake in the previous update), but includes some other features as well.
- New options menu when you press Escape. Contains a link to the website reference and buttons for common mod panels.
- Chat sounds in the client can now be toggled on/off.
- Other game sound files may be selected for the chat sound.
- Chat sounds will no longer play for players on the Ignore List.
- Supercrit screen shaking can now be disabled.
- The new settings are now available in the Mod Settings panel (formerly Chat Mod).
- The inventory Buy More Bags button has been removed.
Client/Server Update: Nov 23, 2012 (release 24)
View the Release 24 Upgrade Notes with details divided into categories, plus some written commentary about this update and missed features.
Client Update (Release 4)
- IGF: Broken [item] tags should no longer prevent posts from displaying.
- IGF: Widened the thread and post view panes slightly.
- IGF: The closing [/color] tag now works properly.
- IGF: Added a [copy] tag hide long strings of text and instead copy to clipboard if clicked.
- Added a Nudify button to Item Preview.
- Custom ear/tail sizes can now be set for individual characters, although it will still affect all players and NPCs of that race. Use /savesize to save the changes.
- New command /removesize to remove any customization changes to ears/tail.
- Added response message to assist the server in detecting broken connections.
Server Update (Release 24)
- Broken connections are discovered and kicked more quickly. If you disconnect, you should be able to relog about 1 minute later.
- Fixed or removed some broken templates for Generated items.
- Fixed a bug where moving stacked items into the same slot would erase them.
- Fixed heroism gain to include mobs 1 level below the player.
- Fixed a bug preventing Generated items from spawning on creatures without a drop package.
- Added a better security check when using the /refashion command.
- Removed the miniboss Seafood from the Southend Passage.
- A warning is given when trying to trade items to players that have not accepted the trade.
- Fixed Walk in Shadows and Invisibility to use the correct distance if the base stat is too low. The timer is also reset if recasted while the effect is active.
- Implemented vault expansion (note: credits can not be purchased yet).
- Improved load time (reducing lag) when players log into accounts.
- Moving or rotating should no longer glitch your position when using portals or warps.
- Probable fix to randomly broken animations while casting or channeling.
- Henge portal abilities can now be casted on other players. They will receive a confirmation message to allow the request.
- Fixed Earthend to prevent sequence-breaking the quest, by respawning the boss objectives if needed.
- Mobs on patrol should no longer snap back to their spawn point if they exceed their tether range.
- Fixed a bug with players being granted 120% speed when changing instance.
- Fixed Stumpslayer spawns in Deadwood.
- [*] Fixed a bug in the In-Game Forum that was erasing data pages.
- [*] Fixed an exploit where items could be equipped of any level and class.
- [*] Fixed a crash when reflected damage killed targets.
- [*] Fixed an exploit where players could enter groves while dead.
- [*] Using unstick now gives a partial stat penalty to discourage use.
[*] These changes were already effective in certain mini updates.
Client/Server Update: Oct 28, 2012 (release 23)
View the Release 23 Upgrade Notes for more detailed information on some of these additions.
Client Update (Release 3)
- Ampersands no longer break the post layout. The '<' and '>' symbols are now usable.
- Reduced the size of post preview pane to reduce the chance of text blocking the buttons.
- Added a new [url] tag for proper addresses with custom link names.
- Added a [color] tag.
- The Show Tag Help pane has been updated with the new tag info.
- New buttons, Home and End, to immediately scroll to the top or bottom of the post display panel.
- The number of threads/posts and last update time is visible in the Navigation pane.
- Posts now include edit count, last edit time, and a separator line to make browsing easier.
- Editing a post will bump the thread.
- Creating or editing a post will update the edit time of its category, so it's easier to see if anything has been posted.
- You can now drag items directly from your inventory into the Item Preview pane.
- Restore Appearance should now correctly reset your server appearance.
- Added a new button to preview the original look of an item. It only works if the item has been refashioned.
- Environment Marker generation has been added.
- Skill warmup sound effects added to the Sound Effect dropdown list.
- SpawnPoint and PathNode buttons (if you're really averse to typing).
- A new button to open the build tutorial on the website.
Server Update (Release 23)
- All abilities fixed for each class. Weapon, magic, and healing specialization fixed. Status effects like Invisibility, Root, Daze, Silence, and Disarm, and implicit actions like counter-attacks on parry.
- Heroism and luck are gained on kills. Heroism grants a proper health bonus at each tier. Does not generate while inside groves.
- Changed formulas for critical and super critical chances.
- Fixed a bug with props reappearing after deletion.
- Hate is now gained by attacking creatures. Mobs will switch targets if a new player has gathered more Hate.
- Light hits can no longer achieve critical.
- Successful actions like Parry no longer leave Miss notifications.
- Fixed a bug where passives weren't being activated.
- Autoattacks now include offhand damage if applicable.
- Respec now properly updates passive abilities and equipment stats.
- Resurrect/Revive correctly modify luck/heroism (not in groves).
- Background channels no longer halt when the player is stunned.
- Fixed damage mitigation to properly include modified armor ratings.
- Dodge, block, and parry no longer work on magic attacks.
- New accounts are now automatically granted in-game forum permission.
- Deleting props now removes linked paths.
- Fixed a potential crash during internal prop lookups.
- Weapon specialization now affects outgoing physical damage.
- Maximum health is now calculated properly with Heroism and Vigor of Sargon.
- Swapping equipment no longer leaves empty health.
- Cooldowns are now enforced and saved between character sessions.
- Buffs will now cancel lower tier versions of the same buff category.
- Forum posts track edit count and last edit time.
- SpawnPoint Package and AI Module fields updated with new spawn options and AI script assignment.
- Party skills now only work on parties, or self if not in a party.
- Changed how quest lists are handled. May reduce lag when players log in.
- /who no longer provides coordinates for normal players.
- /partyall has been disabled for normal players.
- Fixed a potential crash when removing dead creatures.
Server Update: Oct 7, 2012 (crash fix)
- Fixed a crash by the rogue skill Hemorrhage.
- Fixed a general skill duration error that was easily noticeable when testing Hemorrhage.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the first page index of Generated items from loading.
Client/Server Update: Oct 5, 2012 (release 22)
There are many added features with new commands and shortcuts.
View the Release 22 Upgrade Notes for more detailed information on how to use these new features.
Client Update (Release 2)
- Grove Tools: Customize the environment sky template, and set custom starting locations.
- Prop Stash: Allows you to create a favorites list of prop assets for use while building.
- Prop Search: Browse available prop assets by category and filter by name.
- Prop Generator: Add specialized props: lights, randomized collections, and sounds.
- Easy ATS: Select props, select ATS, click to change. Easy.
- Chat Mod: Independently resize the chat box width, height, and font.
- In-Game Forum: An experimental, simple forum where you can create threads, respond to posts, and add links to items.
- Item Preview : Click on special Item Links in the forum to preview item stats and appearances.
- Added hotkeys to open some of the new UI windows.
- Ctrl+W is no longer mapped to wireframe mode.
- Weapon class requirements updated to match version 0.8.8. Mages can equip poles. Druids can equip wands. Rogues can equip bows. Knights and Mages can equip throwing weapons.
- New shorthand commands /tb and /sb for /togglebuilding and /scenerybrowser, respectively.
- Tail and ear resizing (limited use for preview only)
Server Update (Release 22)
- Server side implementation of the forum and grove features.
- Fixed a bug where non-consumable items could be consumed and removed.
- Fixed a bug where Generated item data could be lost after a server restart.
- Fixed item modifiers, Casting Setback and Channel Break Chance should now spawn.
- Removed some incorrect names that could spawn on Generated armor.
- Fixed some spawn issues in the Great Forest rotted camps.
Server Update: Sep 20, 2012 (crash fix)
- Fixed a crash in the party manager by unprotected queueing of outgoing packets.
Server Update: Sep 19, 2012 (important data recovery)
- Restored a page of Generated Items that had been erased by unknown causes.
- Added debugging to help restore lost items and track new ones in case this happens again.
Server Update: Sep 18, 2012 (important bug fixes, bonus content update)
- Fixed a bug where players couldn't enter new instances if their previous instance hadn't expired yet.
- Parties now automatically disband if there are fewer than 2 active members.
- The /partyquit command can now be used to forcibly leave or disband (if leading) a party. Use this if party commands stop reponding.
- Legacy items now have grey names to avoid confusion with artifacts.
- Crafting materials now drop.
Server Update: Sep 17, 2012 (release 21)
The main upgrade notes are:
- Dungeons are instanced.
- Loot takes longer to time out, 5 minutes instead of 2.
- Parties are mostly functional. Chat, shared experience and quest objectives.
- Quests can be shared to party members.
- Henge travel now works.
- Vault space (8 slots).
- Item bind status is no longer forgotten when moving between inventory slots.
- Removed some incorrect icons that could be chosen for newly generated items.
- Improved response times for creature lookups.
- Creature loot chest locations should now be synchronized with the server.
- Characters who change zones should now properly disappear on other player's screens.
- Fixed a potential crash during shutdown.
- Fixed a potential crash on login if player data was incorrect.
- Minor fixes to a few quests and spawns.
- AI scripts revised to fix some abilities that were never triggered. Root is temporarily removed until better casting conditions are implemented.
Server Update: Sep 9, 2012 (release 20)
The main upgrade notes are:
- New item system.
- Higher slot bags are available from Camelot, Bremen, and Heartwood.
- All /region chat is now logged.
- Private chat channels.
- Possible fix to stuck accounts preventing login.
- Tokens and essences now have basic loot bags instead of chests.
- It is no longer possible to equip an offhand item with a two-handed weapon.
- Reduced drop rates of existing rare and epic set items.
- Entering the Haunted Grove should no longer cause an infinite load screen.
- Fixed a severe bug where player stats could double on level up.
- Fixed armor and its class multipliers.
- Fixed core stats so the total value includes base stats (class/level) and
total bonuses from equipment.
See the Development Log
for more detailed update progress.
Creating an account:
A registration key is required. A download link will be provided with your request. You can request a key by contacting me at the following locations:
Grethnefar (Earth Eternal Forever Forums, terraeternus.com)
Once you have a key, you may create an account here: account creation page.
Stuff you should know before creating an account:
The server is undergoing constant development. Although most of the game has been restored, this is still considered a beta product. There may be crashes, instability, and lag. In extremely rare cases there may even be data loss. Contact me and I may be able to restore broken characters or accounts from backup files.
This server won't be around forever. I don't know how long I'll be able to maintain the project. This may be your last chance to enjoy Earth Eternal.
The website may be unavailable if the server is offline or has crashed.
Other things to consider:
- The server hasn't been tested with many concurrent players. There may be crashes and lag.
- Official gameplay is almost entirely complete, from the Mushroom Isle starting zone, through Corsica, Earthrise, Anglorum, and Europe.
- Don't use /bug, it doesn't work. Most client bugs are already known, and I can't fix them. For quest and gameplay bugs, you may post bug reports via the In-Game Forum (type /igf)
- Weapons found in the official game are not in the drop tables, only documented armor sets from appropriate level mobs. Weapons and other items instead drop as completely randomized items, sometimes with special bonus attributes not found in the original game.
- Many less-commonly-used abilities have been tweaked slightly with altered damage or effects. Respec is free, so experiment.
- Creature aggro and tether ranges may be somewhat glitchy.
- If the game is unresponsive, try using the /ping command. If you get no response, then your game connection may be lagging.
Communicating with other players:
The chat system is slightly different in this version.
||Local chat. If the minimap is fully zoomed out, the effective range is over a third of the radius (75 meters).
||Chat with all players on the server, no matter what instance they're in. Region chat is logged.
|/tell "Character Name"
||Send a private message.
All accounts are given one starting grove. More can be added by request.
All characters on your account may build in your grove. Other players cannot.
To warp to your grove, enter /grove into the chat box. You will see a list of groves that belong to you. You can select one and warp to it. You must be near a sanctuary to warp.
Once inside a grove, typing /grove again will provide an additional option EXIT GROVE to return to your last sanctuary point.
Warping is freely permitted inside groves. You may warp to other players and instances, as long as the target is another grove. See the Reference Index for information on warp commands.
You may enter the Sparkplay Player Museum by using /warpi museum